4 Tips On Employee Reboarding in 2020
What is employee reboarding? Reboarding focuses on the training and training needs of existing employees who have been inactive for a lengthy period of time. When it is time to reopen, you will be responsible for the health and safety of your employees-in addition to reacquainting your entire staff and getting them up to date on new measures and providing an essential source of timely reliable information.
Here are some workplace strategies for employee reboarding to ensure your employees transition seamlessly to the new normal and aid them in returning to maximum productivity.
- Avoid unreliable practices, such as posting on bulletin boards. Instead incorporate the use of digital tools and establish communication channels for your employees. This will ensure consistent real-time communication.
- Spotlight only the right messages at the right time. When every message is labeled “important”, employees will get bombarded and information is more likely to get lost in the noise. Provide a simple on-demand go-to resource.
- Create guideline manuals for safety and keep track of who is physically in attendance at the workplace
2) Keep employees mental health in mind
- The physical health of your employees is very important. Their psychological health is also paramount. Incentivize the use of benefits to help employees who might struggle with anxiety or stress. Most therapy is available virtually through TeleHealth to accommodate all comfort levels. The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) and Mental Health America (MHA) also has a plethora of workplace mental health resources available.
3) Survey your employees
- Administer surveys to employees in order to collect information to measure the impact of your learning solutions.
- Implement a tool in which progress on the intake of information (such as new standards and guidelines) can be tracked with metrics. Trainers and managers will use this information as a guide to ensure consistent and comprehensive on-the-job training for employees.
4) Start reboarding with the use of digital right-fit training
- It is not realistic that your employees will have time for training that takes weeks to complete. Build what you need to execute your reboarding successfully. Focus on essential employee behaviors and to help the frontline quickly (and safely) develop critical on-the-job habits. Create and enroll your employees in online courses and job training programs they can complete remotely.
Many organizations are in the process of going back to business, with updated COVID-19 workplace guidelines in place. Remember each day is a learning experience. With the workplace in a constant state of change, implementing training and safety protocols to reopen will help everyone safely and successfully adapt to evolving times.
Sign up to SkyPrep for a free trial to jump start your reboarding journey